→ Index- Chemical Science & Embalming

I'd prefer to start off mentioning one of my favorite books as a kid, Frog & Toad by Arnold Lobel.  Maybe you're already wondering what my mention has to do with embalming? Let's say I am trying to make up for the horrible things we are about to do a frog-in theory.

Imagine a bucket and fill it with 112 ounces of water.  Next, we shall add our favorite 30 Index arterial fluid (suppliers I will name your chemical here, just write me a check-first come first serve!)If we place these figures into our Original EmbalmCalc App the total solution index is 3.750%.

Now sadly for Mr. Frog(representing tissue of the body), when we place him in the bucket-he dies(call a trustworthy firm). Over time, our solution will begin to diffuse and evenly distribute throughout his body. If we express Mr. Frog as 16oz we can calculate that over time the new total solution index will become 3.333%. As for Mr. Frog he has been preserved to the efficacy of a 3.333% chemical with pressure applied by force of surrounding liquid and gravity.

To continue our experiment, lets fill another bucket with 128 ounces of water. Remove Mr. Frog from his dire situation and place him in our new bucket. He will not come back to life. Yet over time, preservative which has made its way into his tissue will leave. The index will again evenly distribute and diffuse from Mr. Frog into the fresh water diluting our index to 0.370%.

Now for our practical application of these concepts.  An Embalmer injects 3 gallons into a deceased person using 2 bottles of arterial at 30 index. He/she has distributed to every vessel in the body. If our embalmer mixes a new solution of 2 gallons using 1 bottle of arterial at 30 index, will the embalmer achieve greater preservation?

*First to post answer can redeem a magic store promo code*

**R.I.P. Mr. Frog**

Comments

1. No...the weaker solution will counteract the stronger solution. Think Hypertonic vs Hypotonic

ReplyDelete
  2. Correct answer! Since your answer is posted anonymous and/or without email, anyone can use the promo code 'chicken' . Offer expires once redeemed by anyone. Valid for a 25% discount! Enjoy.

ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you!

Popular Posts